What is Learning Support?
Learning Support is a unique department at SAIntS. It provides help with accessing learning across all subjects and ability ranges. We are here to help teachers and students achieve the best possible results.
The Learning Support department works with students, teachers and parents to identify barriers to learning; and then to plan ways to overcome those barriers. This includes supporting students who are recognised as being Gifted, Talented or Able; students who have an identified Special Education Need; or those with a medical need.
Support is provided in a number of ways:
- Training for teacher
- Individual support to students
- Small group or support group teaching
- Homework club
- In-class support
- Specialist computer programmes
- Specialist basic skills programme
- A pplication for access arrangements for formal exams
- Home centred programmes